My Recomendations

Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to our RSS feed - get notified about new posts!

2009-12-22

Frozen Time and Speed of Thoughts

Here is a simple proof that thoughts are traveling at the speed of 2000 miles/hour or 3233 km/hour.

So, yesterday evening at about 11pm we've been wondering with Jorge about the making of Time-Freeze effect of Heroes, for which the Stargate Films actually won the 2009 Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series:



At 1:53am, without me asking or communicating to him in any way our conversation with Jorge, my lil brother, who is in Kyiv, Ukraine, sends me this awesome reel about special effects done at Stargate Studios:



While watching this video, I obviously saw the first one among related videos :-)

Now the distance between College Station, TX and Kyiv, Ukraine is approximately 6000 miles or 9700 kilometers and it took around 3 hours for my thoughts to travel from me to my brother, which makes the speed of thoughts be around 2000 miles/hour or 3233 km/hour.

Q.E.D.

No comments: