My Recomendations

Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to our RSS feed - get notified about new posts!

2008-02-03

Vagina Monologues

Apparently February 1 is also known as the V-Day - a global movement to stop violence against women and girls. I learned about it after I saw that many of the universities were staging a play with an intriguing and contoversial name "Vagina Monologues". Unless you are sensitive to hearing V-word 5 times in every sentense, you've got to see this masterpiece and better in real than on youtube if you get a chance...



In the most conservative university of the most conservative state, the show was sold out completely for both days. When I was walking from the parking lot to the show (late as usual), a woman stopped her car by and asked conspiratively if I am a student and if I know where a building with a strange name she couldn't remember is. She was obviously looking for MSC and I guasked her if she was going to Vagina monologues? She blushed, then smiled, and then said: "Yes, actually" :-)

No comments: